Friday, January 25, 2008

Tag, you're it...

By virtue of merely reading Irish Girl's blog tonight, I was tagged!

The Rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

Here are six things about me:

1. I can't sleep or leave the bedroom unless the sliding doors to our closet are completely closed.

2. I have an unconscious habit of tucking my left thumb between my index & middle fingers. I never noticed it until dh pointed it out to me. He likes to joke that if they'd had ultrasounds 40-50 years ago, they probably would have seen me doing that in my mother's womb instead of sucking my thumb.

3. I still have several fertility talismans/good luck charms on my night table & rub them every night before I go to sleep, including a Beanie Baby stork from an online friend/fellow bereaved mom, a Boyds Bears figurine of a pregnant Mama Bear (which dh gave me for Mother's Day when I was pregnant), a green stone etched with the word "Believe," given to me by another online friend/bereaved mom, & a small stuffed unicorn. At least, they were *supposed* to be fertility good luck charms, lol. At this point in my life, I'm not really looking to get pregnant, & I figure they've warded off pregnancy so far, so I might as well keep doing it until I hit menopause.

4. I am a news junkie. I read three newspapers every day (sometimes more) and subscribe to umpteen magazines.

5. I am also a makeup/skincare junkie, and am afraid/embarrassed to count how many lipsticks I have (most of them collected through "gift with purchase" days). Which is funny, because I generally put on lipstick in the morning before I head to work & then forget to reapply it during the day, unless I have an important meeting or lunch date to attend.

6. I have the piano from my parents' home that I grew up playing. My truck driver cousin arranged to ship it halfway across the country to his company's depot on the other side of the city where I live for $29 & change. It cost me $150 to hire movers to pick it up there and bring it to my house! (I rarely play these days, but I am still very glad I have it.)

If you've read this far, consider yourself tagged. Don't forget to post a comment & tell me that you've posted your six items so I can go read yours!

1 comment:

  1. Love the good luck charms bit. :) How sweet. When I read the thumb-in-between-fingers thing I automatically did it just to see what it was exactly that you do. We all have our "-isms" don't we?! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete