Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 Posts in 30 Days: Day 14: A non-fictional book

I actually read a lot of non-fiction, probably more so than fiction (although I've been reading more fiction lately . I especially like biographies & memoirs (with a special weakness for Hollywood actors & actresses and British royalty), although I also read about history & politics, self-help topics and women's issues, and assorted other stuff. Since infertility & pregnancy loss entered my life, I devour books on that topic, too.

Some of the non-fiction books in my current gargantuan to-read pile(s) -- which gives you an idea of my varied interests -- include:
  • The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (half finished from my vacation in July)
  • True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy (started last fall, still to be finished...!)
  • Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter by Randy L. Schmidt
  • Composed by Roseanne Cash
  • Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson (about the hurricane that destroyed Galveston, Texas in 1900)
  • Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer (read & loved both Into Thin Air and Under the Banner of Heaven, although not Into the Wild... yet...)
  • Open by Andre Agassi
  • The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester At America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose
  • Anxiety: Yours & Mine by Patricia Pearson
  • Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen (I'm not Mennonite, but I grew up among lots of them...!)
  • Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • When Everything Changed by Gail Collins

1 comment:

  1. I would like to hear review on "committed" whne you read that. I have been thinking about getting it.

    ReplyDelete