Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Posts in 30 Days: Day 2: Your Favourite Movie



While I love movies, & have lots of favourites, this is an easy answer for me. My all-time absolute favourite movie has got to be "Casablanca."

I think I saw it for the first time when I was in high school or university. I can remember dragging a few of my girlfriends from the dorm to see a campus showing of it one time, & all of them loving it too.

What's not to like? -- Humphrey Bogart at his best, Ingrid Bergman at her loveliest, Claude Rains at his most cynical, great music from Dooley Wilson, including the classic "As Time Goes By." Snappy, memorable dialogue, plot twists galore, gorgeous black & white photography, & a wonderful cast of colourful supporting characters. I have probably seen this movie well over a dozen times over the years & I never get tired of it. I am always noticing some new little detail that I hadn't noticed before that adds to my enjoyment.

If you've never seen it before -- well, you don't know what you're missing. : ) They absolutely don't make them like this anymore. And what a pity.

2 comments:

  1. i've never seen this movie but i've always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!!!
    I once raved about it to a younger friend, she watched it and told me she laughed because the conversations were so corny. :/
    I can watch this movie a million times. You have very good taste. ;-)

    ReplyDelete