Monday, April 10, 2017
#MicroblogMondays: Why this was a good weekend
* Dh's 60th (!!) birthday is this week, and we celebrated on Saturday night with BIL, SIL, our two nephews & their partners. (And Oldest Nephew's puppy, lol.) We ordered in Chinese food for dinner. An aunt, her daughter (dh's cousin) and her family dropped by later on to share in the cake & coffee. Lots of laughs. :) Being closer to family was a big reason why we moved here, and seeing dh so happy made ME happy. :)
* My own favourite gift that dh received was from Oldest Nephew & his bride -- a framed b&w photo from their wedding last fall, of dh & me with the handsome groom. I LOVE IT. :)
* After what we hope was a final blast of winter on Friday (freezing rain and snow, high winds and COLD), the weather was (FINALLY!!) gloriously mild and warm, reaching 18C on Sunday afternoon. It's supposed to reach 22C today (mid-70sF)!! YAY!!
* Went to see a movie on Sunday afternoon, which we love to do and haven't done enough of lately. "Going in Style" won't win any Oscars, but you simply can't beat the cast: Michael Caine, Alan Arkin and Morgan Freeman -- AND Ann-Margret, who still looks gorgeous at 75, and sings (in a karaoke duet with Arkin!)!
* After a week in which I completely lacked blogging inspiration, I managed to draft a post for this week's #MicroblogMondays. ;) :)
You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.